I'm alive! That's all I could think about when I awoke yesterday afternoon. Getting ahead of myself a little bit I will start from the beginning. I was instructed to be at the Hill Country Surgical Center at 11:00 am Tuesday to in process. Jen awoke and promptly got ready to go to the gym. We got Cader up and dressed and Jen split to drop him off and get a quick workout. I began to kill Germans on the Wii. At 9:30 I decided to get showered and ready (have to look good for the Nurses). Jen shows up and began to get ready, the whole time I'm thinking that we will be late and I will get a chance to give Jen a hard time. Well, we leave the house and have to stop to drop off a car seat for Cade to a friend as a backup plan in case surgery ran late. Then we had to stop at Sonic so Jen could get something to drink and eat (which she rubbed it in because I could not eat or drink since midnight). Finally, after being in the car for thirty minutes we were on our way. We arrived at 10:55 am, in which I was reminded of the time and how good Jen was. After signing in and paying (first thing was the paying part) we sat in the waiting room and chatted. I was nervous and Jen ignored me which made me feel better. The nurse came and got me and led me to the Pre OP room where I was instructed to remove my clothes and place on the Gown. Not Cool! However, I complied and was ready to go. The nurse came back in and started an IV and left to retrieve Jen. We were then visited by my Doc, the head Nurse and the Anesthesiologist, all very nice. Then it was time to go and Jen collected my glasses and wedding ring and left me with a kiss. Now at this point I was given a sedative, and rolled down the hallway. I began to not care about much and realized that it was kicking in. I was elevated to the height of the operating table and scooted over. Staring up at the ceiling I thought to my self "I hope this goes quick". Then I woke up with the Doc standing near me holding a cup of my knee in his hand. He was excited and was saying that there was more than he had thought. I was still out of it, and my recollection today is that the cup was right in my face. Then He was gone and Jen was there and life was now good again. Getting some graham crackers and ginger ale and a couple of Percocet, I began to feel whole. After an hour they let me get dressed and out the door I went. Jen drove me to the house via Wendy's (I was starving) and I settled to my chair and have been here most of the time. Pain pills, the remote control and a book have been my companions and right good ones. So, as I began this post, I'm alive and that's a good place to be.
Uncharted
3 years ago
2 comments:
I am glad you are okay! Maybe you should stick to old people activities so you won't hurt your knees, you know, jigsaw puzzles and the such...
i miss you brad, and when i come down there we should have a dylan jam session!
Good you're still alive! If I lived near you I'd bring you a casserole (if I was any good at making casseroles!)
Post a Comment