No matter what time Cader goes down, he is always up at 7:00am. We have experimented for years on weekend sleep ins and have never found a solution for the boy. Our Friday night is considered our movie night which we have never officially labeled it as such and don't religiously stick to it or plan it, we just usually find ourselves in the mood for a movie at the end of the week. Family movie night consists of three different movies, three different TVs in three different rooms. Occasionally Jen and I will watch the same thing but eventually during the evening we gravitate to our perspective corners of the house where we dive into something that is interesting to us. Last night was no exception, and on Jen's way home she stopped by the store and picked up a couple movies for Cader and one for her, and as I had mentioned earlier that my Amazon shipment came in and it contained some movies that, when Jen heard the titles to, raised only eyebrows and used the expression "Great". We were set for the evening and in excited anticipation we scarfed down our purchased chicken tenders and fries (ohhhh, so healthy) washed and dressed the boy and turned on his movie. I talked Jen into watching my movie, so we settled in with popcorn and drinks and cranked on the classic To Kill a Mockingbird, with Gregory Peck and Robert Duvall. I had recently finished the book and wanted to see the film. I think it was maybe 5 or 10 minutes into it, Jen was on her way down the hall with her movie in hand, one by the title of 27 Dresses (glad she never asked me to join her). Cade with his movie, me with mine and Jen with hers the house was in total peace. 10:00 pm rolled around and Cader was the only one still ready to go. We wrestled him into his bed, locked up the house and hit the sack. This morning we were awaken at 7:00 am by a little brown haired boy requesting that one of us get him some MILK, due to the fact that he was almost dying of thirst. I'll get up and let Jen sleep (it's just better that way, trust me) and get him his milk and fetch a thousand other things he happens to think of. Then the funniest thing happens, round about 10 in the morning .

4 comments:
So - did YOU like the Mockingbird movie??? Cader makes a good little alarm clock doesn't he??
loved it, i think there is still hope for jen.
Sounds like our house! I'd be the one in the living room watching "27 Dresses", kids downstairs watching a movie on Disney and Brent at the computer watching some boring, smart, artsy movie. Yes, he likes watching movies on the computer.
I guess that means we're normal. It sounds a lot like our house, too. Matt watches his movies with popcorn and pop. I read upstairs after putting Kayleigh to bed. The other kids play on the computer or Playstation. And our "alarm clock" goes off at 6:30 every morning. I'd love to sleep until 7:00!
Post a Comment