
Funny how life throws curve balls...(I know how most sappy crap starts out like that). At least I used to think that until I received my first curve ball. First the news on my knee deal. I have dislocated my knee cap. Doesn't sound so bad, but when it left it's place of origin it took with it a quarter size piece of cartilage and a little chip of knee cap bone with it. Well, said piece of knee decided to stay on the outside of my leg as the knee cap moved back into place. According to my doctor(who by the way has monogrammed shirt cuffs) says it's not good and requires surgery(good way for him to pay off some form of car, boat or both). Long and short of it, surgery is required next Tuesday to fix the damage. This bring us to our second point of the post. Until now, I can't think of any other time in my adult life that I have ever relied on someone else so much. Just the simplest thing are hard to do, and require more effort than before. I have never thought of what life would be like if I couldn't bend my knees. Well, Jen has been good to me, from letting me slide on my chores, to cooking dinner and driving me to and from the many doctors appointments. I guess what I'm saying is that it's good to have somebody around to be there for you when you need them, but to be thankful for them all the time. So I guess that the curve ball was for a reason(getting a little big for my britches).
1 comment:
Brad,
Sometimes it takes a "jolt" to help us appreciate what we have. I'm sure you are there when Jen "kneeds" you too. I hope everything goes well on Tuesday and your recovery is quick.
Hugs
Post a Comment