Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Little Outlaw


This whole month has been a Cowboy theme at Caders school.    It began with a Cowboy Breakfast and progressed with days of making vests and bandannas.  They had a Cowboy lunch complete with chili pie (which he ate two helpings) and finished up on Friday with a dress up day and dance.  I believe this to be Caders favorite month of activities since he first started his school.  He has been so excited that every day he asks how much longer until the next event (he wants to know in minutes).  This also brings us to our second point.  This month has been a perfect excuse for Cader to request jeans for everyday wear.  This first began a couple of years ago when he had trouble adjusting from one season's dress to the other.  Once the adjustment was made he was fine but it usually took some time and we would be way into the hot/cold month's before we would no longer have to listen to him cry about not wanting to wear what was laid out for him.  This year was different and when summer came along he decided that Long sleeve shirts and Jeans would be the norm.  I figured that it was part of the original deal and he would soon be in shorts and life would go on.  This is not the case this year and we are in the middle of August and the boy has succeeded in wearing Jeans one to two times a week.  We do lay down the law on the long sleeve shirts and usually this is not argued much due to the Jeans success.  It is 101 degrees, and has been for the past couple of weeks and every day he requests Jeans.  Once Jen told him he would be too hot, he replied "I like being hot".  I guess we have now given up and allow him to have his couple of days a week and pray for cooler weather.  

4 comments:

Cindy said...

He's a cute little cowboy! Yeeha!

Anonymous said...

Cade is such a handsome guy! Don't worry about what he wears. He'll figure it out sooner or later. It is just one less battle to worry about. And with four year olds, each and every battle counts.

Mandy said...

I am so sure that he is freaking cute! I love the way that you write Bradley you are so funny!

Say hi to the fam for me!

Anonymous said...

Next thing we will be hearing is that Mom and Dad are moving to Rockdale so they can buy some horse property! I'd like to grab that little cowboy and wrestle him to the ground, hogtie him and kiss him all over!!