I know, I know. It's been too long between posts. It's been a couple of busy weeks and every time I thought about blogging I lost motivation. We'll take it back to the 14th and go from there. Monday I had an appointment at the Hospital for another ultrasound. I arrived on time and checked in. The lady asking the questions could not read the Doctor's signature so she asked. I told her the Doctor's name, was admitted and had an info band placed on my wrist. I walked down the hall, found the right room, checked in and found a seat. As I waited I looked down and began to read the wrist band. Everything was right except for the Doctor's name. It was the right name but the wrong one. See there are two of them being bound by marriage, one an Orthopedic Surgeon, and the other a OB-GYN. I jumped up and went back to the nurse and informed her that there was a mistake made and that there would be no need to check my ovaries. The next day I had an appointment with my Doc. He inspected my leg, sent me for X-Rays and said all looked good. Blood clot gone and I could remove the brace (just in time for our Port A trip). Wednesday we packed up and headed out for Port Aransas. Jen w

as really excited, I think more than me and Cader combined. It was quite a drive and the last leg of the trip is a ferry ride to the island. This did not sit well with Jen, being very nervous that the ferry will go down and she will not have enough time to get Cader out of the car. We arrived at the ferry landing and she was not so nervous once she saw that it wasn't very far to the other side. It did take us a few minutes to explain to Cader that we were going to put the car on a boat. This was going to be a travel trailer trip but Jen's boss has a house and offered it up for the week and with the price o

f gas we couldn't pass it up. We found the house and located the others in the family. They had been there since Sunday and were happy to have some new blood. We loaded up and headed for the beach to finish the day and get some not so hot, late afternoon sun. The seaweed was pretty bad and we had to make paths down to the water but Cader didn't mind and after a while we just got use to it. Cader loved the trip and would ask if he could "go swim in the big lake". We visited with the family, ate lots of seafood, and swam in both the "big lake" and the pool at the RV park that the others were staying at. The trip was, for the most part uneventful for my knee and I attempted to exercise it in the water as much as possible. The only incident was one day I was wading in and a crab got a hold of my toe. I came down on the bad leg. All those on the beach saw this and waited to laugh at me when I explained that I had been attacked by the biggest crab in the sea. We left Sunday and had to go back to work to get some rest. I started physical therapy on Monday the 21st and have been attempting to bend it more and more (sucks). Other than that we are good and we plan on a camping trip next weekend since I 'm feeling a lot better and getting that Travel Trailer Itch. That should catch Y'all up, I will try not to get so far out next time.
1 comment:
Loved the video of you and Cader sleeping. Fun, sun, and water does that to a body. I have really enjoyed our video calls - good to peek in and always great to see the little charmer. (No, I'm not talking about Goliath).
Post a Comment