Sunday, August 17, 2008

Vacation?

This weekend Jen had a great idea to take Cader to his Nana and Papa's house and then for us to leave him there.  This is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  We dropped him off at 1:30 in the pm and headed back to town to get something to eat.  At the restaurant I didn't have to ask Jen what she wanted to eat and then watch her not eat it.  I also didn't have to get up and take her to the potty seconds after my food hit the table.  We left the restaurant and headed for home where we let the dogs out and began to relax.  I didn't have to get up and "come see" anything for Jen, I actually got to watch a complete TV program.  We started a movie and watched it from start to finish and not once did I have to tell Jen to be quiet.  This morning I awoke on my own accord at 9:00am.  Jen didn't wake me up at 7:00 saying, "I'm really, really, really thirsty".  Since then I have relaxed fully in front of the TV for a full hour and a half.  The house has been extremely quiet and boring and I'm starting to think that sliced bread isn't all that great.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

So funny! The things we take for granted before we have kids. Life is pretty boring without them, though!

Anonymous said...

Great commentary, Brad. Now times your "sliced bread" by six and you will really know what boring is. Six wasn't easy, but was easily a blessing.

Babbling Flower said...

it's by M. Ward. :)

You smelt EVERYTHING? Thank god my shit smells like roses so I can secretly sneak it to you now days. I'll ask uncle Matt soon!