Monday, September 15, 2008

Freedom.

First off let me say that if any of my family members are planning on leaving the country for political reasons, I hope they reconsider.  Politicians in general are just that... Politicians, and if you were going to leave I would hope it would be for better reasons such as helping people in other countries who are not as lucky as we are in America. Besides, we would miss you dearly, and we would only be losing more great Americans.


With all that is going on in politics these days I wanted to blog a little on Freedom and what it means to me, along with what the candidate that I choose will do to ensure these freedoms. 1) Freedom of Speech. The ability to speak ones mind is a gift from GOD, the freedom to do so without prosecution from others is a right. 2) The Freedom to Keep and Bear Arms. To be able to defend oneself against attack from both foreign and domestic enemies. 3) The Freedom of Religion. To worship what and whomever you please as long as it does not physically harm others in the process (and I say this because if one is offended by what you believe that is not physical harm, it's just their tough luck). 4) Freedom to VOTE. The opportunity to be allowed to actually have a choice. These are all rights given to us by our Constitution. But these are just words on paper, right? If the Consti
tutio
n was burned and gone forever, would our rights also be gone? Would the hundreds of thousands of lives of men and women who died for it just vanish? WRONG. These are deep inside of us, all of us, and as Americans we stand for these in some small way. It's what makes us stand as the flag passes by, it's what holds our hand to our heart. It's the reason we say GOD BLESS AMERICA, and not GOD BLESS some other country. That is the feeling in me and that is the feeling I would hope be in our future President. There are many issues that are going on right now from economy to world peace to border issues. These will always be around in some form or another and have been since the beginning of America and will be dealt with by not just one person, but by many including the Senate and House who are also elected by, and represent the people.

I fear that whomever I vote for will not live up to my hopes and expectations but alas,  I am also positive that America will continue to be America.  That life will continue to be life,  and we all will continue to be happy.  But if not...  if the next President of this great country fails us and America comes to an end...  well then,  I have lived a great life,  I have had the opportunity to be a part of and serve this great country,  and if this "thought" in my head and "feeling" in my heart end, then I guess there is not much point in the physical body living.  But as long as there is hope I will fight!

Post Script
Vote!!!  Exercise your right to Vote.  Vote for whomever you  believe in and whomever you like,  but Vote.  Even if you think their all crap,  still Vote.  And when you cast your ballot,  be thankful you have the right.


GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!    AMEN

5 comments:

ljswaco said...

Very well said Brad and Jennifer. I definitely will exercise my freedom and right to vote.

Cindy said...

I think usually when people speak about high tailing it out of here if so and so does not win it is usually hyperbole (I speak for no one but myself here). For me this election represents an opportunity to have my voice heard again after a long period of feeling like it's been ignored. I totally agree with your sentiments on voting. We are blessed to live in a country where we have the freedom to do so and it is our duty to take that opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Good commentary, Brad. As a former military man, I know how much you appreciate freedom. As a Dad, I know you want that preserved for your children. Along with the freedom to vote comes the responsibility of voting wisely, of studying the issues, and of digging through all of the smoke screens and games. I've done that more this election year than any other.

Anonymous said...

Brad, you wrote, "I fear that whomever I vote for will not live up to my hopes and expectations but alas, I am also positive that America will continue to be America. That life will continue to be life, and we all will continue to be happy. But if not... if the next President of this great country fails us and America comes to an end...".
America will NOT always be America if we keep going the way we have for the last 8 years. We are selling America off bit by bit. Are you aware that last year, foreign investors poured a record $414 billion into securing stakes in American companies? Read the article at this link - it is an eye-opener: http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/01/20/business/20invest.php You can't just click on it - you'll have to copy and paste it into your address bar.

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful. Exactly what I think!