Sunday, February 15, 2009
Past Life?
Friday night I arrived home from work to find my wife settled down in "my chair" in the front room. Having no other option, I retired to the front room where I've been known to watch a movie or two. Picking out my selection and getting something cold to drink I dimmed the lights and started on my journey. Halfway through the second movie I realized that I normally tend to pick out movies of the same theme. The first was "Platoon" and the movie that I was engrossed in was "Apocalypse Now". Now why would I do a thing like that? Why do I gravitate to this? Why in the middle of a movie of war would I feel like I could smell the grass, feel the wind and a twinge of fear of death? I had what you might call an epiphany. Maybe in a past life I led men in war on many battlefields? Maybe I've had my bellyful of it and for the past life of warfare and death I was granted Peace in this life? Then I realized that maybe I had had too many cold drinks and needed to go to bed. I was right. But if there are past lives, I'll take this one over the last one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OMG I can't believe you updated your blog. Holy crap!! Good to hear from you. I always enjoy reading your blog. You write well and of course, it doesn't hurt when you put pictures of Cade on here too!
Does this mean Cade is going to follow in his dad's footsteps? Cute picture!
I'm so glad you are back among the bloggers - after Jen wrote the "Cadisms", there were months of silence and I wondered if Cade stopped talking altogether! You'll have to catch us up!!
I'd say way too many refreshments if you think you can smell the grass, but maybe there is a past life out there.....I love war movies, Andy too. I think we like watching real events. But where you Saturday night? Hello, the dudes stayed at the garage and the girls went to the refreshment hole in downtown Weir. Yall bailed on us.....your loss...it was fun!
Post a Comment